Barker-Cypress Municipal Utility District
Name and Term of Office for Each Board Member
Robert Charpiot, President (Term: May 2024)
Jared Richards, Vice President (Term: May 2026)
Orlando Mendieta, Secretary (Term: May 2024)
Dawn Carlos, Assistant Secretary (Term: May 2026)
Jim Storm, Assistant Secretary (Term: May 2024)
Contact Information for Main Office of District (Mailing and Physical Address, and Phone Number)
c/o Schwartz, Page & Harding, L.L.P.
1300 Post Oak Blvd # 2400
Houston, Texas 77056
Phone: (713) 623-4531
Official Contact Information for Each Board Member
Same as contact information for main office of district.
If Applicable, Name of the General Manager
The Name of the Person Representing the Operator, Including a Mailing Address and Telephone Number
2002 W. Grand Parkway North, Suite 100
Katy, Texas 77449
The Name of the Person Representing the Tax Assessor/Collector, Including Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Wheeler & Associates, Inc.
6935 Barney Rd, Suite 110
Houston, TX 77092
The Rate of the Ad Valorem Tax
- 2022: $0.735
If Applicable, the Sales and Use Tax Rate
Any Tax Rate Hearing Notice
Location and Schedule of Meeting of the District
The District generally meets on the second Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the Steve Radack Community Center, 18650 Clay Road, Houston, Texas 77084.
A Statement that the Residents Have a Right to Request a Designation of a Meeting Location Within the District
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/water-districts/forms/form-20863.pdf.
Each Meeting Notice and Minutes of Meetings for the Current Year and the Preceding 12 Months
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
(Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire for Vendor Doing Business with Local Governmental Agency (Form CIQ)
- Local Governmental Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement (Form CIS)
- TEC – Conflict of Interest Forms and Instructions
- The Directors and vendors have not disclosed any conflicts pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176.
Each Elected Officer of the District
Meeting Notices and Each Record of a Meeting
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Please see Section 54.102, Texas Water Code, and 141.001, Texas Election Code, for the eligibility requirements to serve as a director. Candidate filing materials can be found on the Texas Secretary of State and the Texas Ethics Commission websites.
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
- 54.102 – https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/WA/htm/WA.54.htm#54.102
- 51.072 – https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/WA/htm/WA.51.htm#51.072
- 141.001 – https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/EL/htm/EL.141.htm
- Candidate Application on Texas Secretary of State website – https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- Texas Ethics Commission website – https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/forms/coh/scohfrm.php